In accordance with Afghanistan laws, every Afghan citizen is required to have a Tazkira – local word for the national identification card. Children born abroad from Afghan parents as well as those who have not obtained a Tazkira or whose Tazkiras were burnt or lost, can submit a written application for absentee Tazkira to Consular Section at the Afghan Embassy in Oslo together with a copy of their parent’s Tazkira. Below are the requirements to get an absentee Tazkira:
- Identification Form (provided by consular section)
- Signature and thumbprint on the form
- A copy of the Tazkira of a close relative such as father, brother, sister, uncle or cousin who is mentioned in the identification form
- Eight passport-size photos with white background;
- Applicant’s Original Valid Residence Permit of Norway, Denmark or Iceland
- Provide the identification information of the person representing the applicant in Afghanistan in regards to processing the absentee Tazkira application;
- Children who were born in Norway, Denmark or Iceland or in any third country should submit an original copy of their birth certificate
Additionally the applicant has to book an appointment and appear personally in the consular section for an interview with all original and copies of the required documents.
The original Identification Form and documents will be put in an envelope which should be sent by the applicant to their assigned representative in Afghanistan. The Consular Section of the Embassy will attach the copies of all documents to a letter and send them officially to the Central Civil Registration Authority in Afghanistan.
For further information, or if you want to discuss your application, please contact the Consular Section during its opening hours (Monday through Friday from 9 am to 1 pm).
Telephone: (+47) 22 12 35 70
Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Gange-Rolvs gate 5