The Embassy of Afghanistan in Oslo issues Power of Attorney letters to Afghan nationals, and Afghan-born individuals residing in, and applying from Norway, Denmark and Iceland.
Applications for Power of Attorney letters can only be made in person by the applicant. The applicant must be accompanied by the attorney, if available, and two witnesses.
Checklist of requirements
All applicants must:
- Be present at the Embassy Consular Section through a pre-arranged appointment.
- Provide two standard passport size photos affixed to the appropriate box in the application form. Photos must be identical and taken recently off the face to show both ears.
- Bring two adult witnesses, including their full details and two photos of each.
- If the Power of Attorney letter concerns a land or property matter, provide complete details of the property and the relevant documents.
- Provide documents verifying the identity of the applicant.
- Provide documents verifying the identity of the attorney. If the attorney is not present, his/her written consent must be presented.
- Provide documents verifying current address of the applicant.
- Pay the necessary processing fee (see fees table below).
Processing fees and postage costs
|Power of Attorney letter processing fee||115 EUR (including 2 EUR for bank charges in Norway)|
|Return postage cost (if necessary)||22 EUR|
Processing fees and all other consular charges are only payable in Euros. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
Consular charges must be paid by certified bank cheque (money order) made payable to “The Embassy of Afghanistan, Oslo”. A money order (or certified bank cheque) can be obtained at any bank, regardless of whether you hold an account there or not, by paying the required amount alongside any applicable fee.
Applicants who are applying in person at the Embassy must pay by credit/ debit card upon applying.
Payments by cash, personal cheques or bank transfer are not accepted under any circumstances.
All payments must cover the total amount that is payable to the Embassy, and must be received by the Embassy together with your application.
Return of original documents
All original documents submitted as part of application for a Power of Attorney letter will be returned to the applicant after the due process is completed.
How to apply
All applicants must contact the Consular Section in advance to book an interview appointment. The Consular Section’s opening hours are as follows:
Monday to Friday from 9 am to 1 pm.
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Embassy of Afghanistan, Oslo
Gange Rolvs Gate 5
View Embassy address on a map.
The interview, conducted by the Consular Section, may last for one to two hours. Usually, Power of Attorney letters are issued at the end of the interview. In some cases, the applicants will be asked to return on a specific day and time to pick up the letter. At the request of applicants, where their re-appearance at the Embassy is not necessary, we can send their letter and documents by post, in which case the applicants will be required to present a registered, self-addressed return envelope or enclose the necessary payment to cover postage costs.
Have any questions or need more information?
For further information, or if you want to discuss your application with the Consulate Section of the Embassy, please contact the Consular Section during its opening hours (Monday to Friday from 9 am to 1 pm).
Telephone: (+47) 22 12 35 70
Embassy of Afghanistan, Oslo
Gange- Rolvs gate 5